Condense Reality is a fast growing VC funded startup and the first company in the world to capture and stream live events as volumetric video.
Our technology is changing how live events are experienced and we are laser focused on exciting opportunities in Music and Sport.
We were named in the CIC Ones to Watch 2021 and in Beauhurst’s 10 hottest tech companies in Bristol.
We are looking for creative and dedicated engineers to join our Platform team.
The Platform team has an extensive remit, and works on physical and cloud infrastructure, the software that runs in our volumetric capture rigs, and on end user tools and applications.
This role has a particular focus on the software that runs in our rigs though you’ll also be working on cloud software from time to time. You’ll primarily work C++, though we also use Go and Python. Your tasks will span everything from developing reliable and performant software to support end-user features, integrating GPU-accelerated CUDA code from our Vision team, through to improving C++ developer experience by improving build times and CI efficiency.
- Working closely with the computer vision engineers to integrate CUDA code into the wider software stack
- Building services to support customer-facing features.
- Improving developer experience (local build times, CI and CMake build infrastructure)
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of developing and deploying C++ service code on Linux
- Integration and use of observability tools such as Honeycomb or Prometheus
- Use of CI, such as Jenkins, CircleCI or GitHub Actions
- At least one of Go or Python (we can teach you the other)
Experience with the following will be helpful:
- CUDA and NVIDIA GPUs
- Audio/video streaming and compression
Salary range £50k-£70k
- An inclusive and supportive culture to help you achieve your maximum potential
- Competitive pay and a share option scheme
- Flexible working hours and remote first culture (fully supported home working)
- A centrally located office in Bristol should you wish to use it
- 5% employer match contribution to your pension
- 26 days holiday with buy/sell scheme
- A real commitment to your training & development (including paid courses / subscriptions)
- Private health insurance