Condense Reality is a fast growing VC funded startup and the first company in the world to capture and stream live events as volumetric video.
Our technology is changing how live events are experienced and we are laser focused on exciting opportunities in Music and Sport.
We were named in the CIC Ones to Watch 2021 and in Beauhurst’s 10 hottest tech companies in Bristol.
Our young company has a fantastic working culture, giving people autonomy and ownership within a highly collaborative, flexible and supportive team. We are recruiting fast and are looking for a Head of People to help us grow while preserving the culture we have worked hard to establish.
Skills and Experience
Experience of working in HR at small fast growing companies, and knowledge of the particular challenges facing tech startups, would be great. More important is a passion for building a career in People Ops and a willingness to learn, use your initiative and adapt. We will provide external support (consultants, mentors etc) in any areas the successful candidate needs help with.
The right candidate might come from the following backgrounds:
- Generalist or operational support in a startup or scale up
- A specialist internal recruiter
- People partner in a corporate environment who is looking for a change of cultures
Core Responsibilities - areas where the candidates should be able to operate independently and quickly get up to speed:
- Hiring new staff members - Helping to write job descriptions, manage recruitment partners and conduct interviews.
- Onboarding new staff members - designing and implementation the onboarding process for new hires
- Employee advocate - listening to employee concerns, viewing the company from their perspective, and bringing issues to the attention of the leadership team.
- Manage People Processes and Software - We currently use KiwiHR to handle basic HR tasks such as onboarding and booking time off. You will own this and can recommend other products if you think it can be done better. Also administration of payroll.
- Dispute Resolution - It doesn’t happen often but disputes need to be handled sensitively and fairly. We will send you on training courses to help manage this
Wider Responsibilities - areas where the candidate would work hand in hand with the leadership team, and may need to draw on external support:
- Workforce Planning - Getting the right people in the right roles at the right time
- Building a People Roadmap - having a plan for the people processes, policies and approaches that Condense Reality will need at each stage of growth. This means prioritising and planning for such things as; Skills development, Career development, Performance Management and Objective Setting, Employee Engagement, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, People Analytics
- Keep on top of regulations - The world is changing quickly and so are employment regulations. We need help keeping on top of them.
Salary range £40k-£60k
- An inclusive and supportive culture to help you achieve your maximum potential
- Competitive pay and a share option scheme
- Flexible working hours and remote first culture (fully supported home working)
- A centrally located office in Bristol should you wish to use it
- 5% employer match contribution to your pension
- 26 days holiday with buy/sell scheme
- A real commitment to your training & development (including paid courses / subscriptions)
- Private health insurance