Condense Reality is a fast growing VC funded startup and the first company in the world to capture and stream live events as volumetric video.
Our technology is changing how live events are experienced and we are laser focused on exciting opportunities in Music and Sport.
We were named in the CIC Ones to Watch 2021 and in Beauhurst’s 10 hottest tech companies in Bristol.
We are looking for a creative, dedicated, and experienced senior engineer to join our Computer Vision team.
As a senior member of the Computer Vision team, you’ll be working on systems such as stereo depth estimation, surface reconstruction, camera position estimation, and more using high performance and high throughput computer vision and deep learning methods to improve our real-time volumetric capture and streaming platform.
As a senior engineer, you will be taking an active role in management of more junior members, and providing technical leadership across the team. This will include 1 to 1s, mentoring and employee evaluations / reviews. We will also expect you to take an active role in building and promoting a company culture that encourages openness, collaboration, and flexibility.
You will take a leading role in delivering large scale, technical projects, that represent the cutting edge in volumetric video and 3D computer vision. You will be bringing your experience into planning, managing, and delivering these projects from beginning to end.
- Evaluating existing research/technologies in 3D sensing and suggesting appropriate avenues of development
- Leading a planning session for new product features
- 1 to 1s, mentoring, or evaluation with direct reports
- Developing and evaluating algorithms for calibration and localisation of multi camera systems
- Working on and developing our surface estimation systems using CUDA accelerated algorithms
- Improving the depth estimation performance for our stereo camera systems
- Carrying out literature reviews in the computer vision space
- Improving the performance, speed and reliability of our volumetric pipeline
Skills and Experience
- >5 years experience in a commercial setting, delivering production ready computer vision software
- Mentoring of junior team members
- Understanding of modern software development tools and processes (agile, CI/CD, containers)
It would also be useful to be able to demonstrate experience in any of the following:
- C++ build (cmake) and deployment
- Working with real-time, high data throughput networking and systems
- Deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow and Pytorch
- Computer vision based mobile applications
- Compression algorithms for volumetric data and metadata
Salary range £70k-£90k
- An inclusive and supportive culture to help you achieve your maximum potential
- Competitive pay and a share option scheme
- Flexible working hours and remote first culture (fully supported home working)
- A centrally located office in Bristol should you wish to use it
- 5% employer match contribution to your pension
- 26 days holiday with buy/sell scheme
- A real commitment to your training & development (including paid courses / subscriptions)
- Private health insurance